Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Still a good new year...

OK, so if you are friends with me on Facebook, you probably already know that I've reconsidered the publisher mentioned in my previous post. In looking at reviews by clients/authors of theirs, I found that this publisher just isn't what I'm looking for. They have many poor reviews and few good ones.

Yes, that's bad, but on the bright side, I received a reply today from an agency, which is different than a publisher. For those of you who don't know, a literary agency is there to help promote your book to publishers. It opens doors that would be closed to an author without an agent. You see, many publishers do not accept unsolicited manuscripts, which means those doors? Closed to me. But WITH an agent... YAY! More open doors... and windows and trap doors, too. Can't forget those.

So here's the deal: this agency is going to review my manuscript (the full, newer version that I just sent) and they should get back to me within 7 to 10 days. In reading reviews I saw that, if I sign a contract, and they DON'T sell my book within 90 days, there is a part of the contract which states that the contract then becomes null and void. So if it doesn't work out, I'm not obligated to stay with them after 90 days. And their usual percentage is only 10% which doesn't exactly seem steep, right?

Anyway, I know I got my hopes up (and possibly yours), but I feel that this is the way to go and I still have a good feeling going into this. Thoughts? I'm open to opinion!

That's all for now. I'll try to keep everything posted... Twitter, Facebook, and soon... YOUTUBE! I've already done two vlog's, but haven't posted them yet because I kind of think they suck, but once I get more information, I'll start posting them. OK, I'm really done now. Remember...

Stay random!

No comments:

Post a Comment