Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm a Bad Catholic... Sometimes

Yes, I was raised Catholic. I'm a bad Catholic, though, I'll admit. The only reason I'm following Lent? To lose weight. Yeah, I know. It's bad.

On the bright side, I'm giving up soda and sweets. Basically sugar, but I like diet sodas usually. Not because they're diet, but because I like the flavor better. I know. I'm weird. Been told a lot. But I have read many many times that soda, whether diet or regular, is still bad for you. Multiple reasons. I'm giving that up. I'm also going to start Weight Watchers. I'm signing up tomorrow and my dad might even do it as well. We had a silly conversation tonight about it.

Dad said "We'll see how it goes. (whether or not he joins) If it works for you, I'll do it your way, but if starving myself and stressing out and exercising a lot works for me, you do that instead." Now, you may have to know my dad to understand his humor. He's not ever going to have any sort of eating disorder. He's too intelligent for that. I said it was deal. :)

Anyway, I'll try to share my experiences and even recipes if you're interested. I know this blog was sort of supposed to be about my book, but I'm using it for everything in life. I'm an author, working in a bakery, trying to lose weight. Crap, that sounds bad. Working in a bakery and trying to lose weight... Giving up sweets for Lent... Yeah... We'll see how that goes.

On another note, I've gotten it into my head that I can go to Australia in about a year and a half if I save up enough money. I'd like to go on a work and holiday visa, so it would be for a year. Big, big goal in terms of money... BUT... I just put $150 in a new savings account today. It's a start. A small start, but a start all the same.

That's all that's new with me in case you were wondering. It was a bit random, but who cares?! That's the name of this blog!

Until next time...

Stay random!

No comments:

Post a Comment