Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just Don't Ask

Where have I been? Yeah, seriously. Don't ask.

I've not been working out as I said I would. I know. Shocker, huh? But I will get back on track soon.

I've also not been working for the last week and a half. Why? Well, I did this little thing called MOVING HALFWAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Yes. I moved. Back to sunny Orlando. Well... Clermont, which is southwest of Orlando. Same thing... sorta.

Anyway, I moved. I transferred locations with my job. Problem is that I signed the papers for a background check Monday... and still haven't heard back. Guys, I'm not a convicted felon or anything! I promise! But they said when I did this the last time that it could take up to 5 business days. Monday will be day 5. So I guess I'm still OK.

I DO have another interview with a different employer on Monday, though. A very special employer down in this part of the state. Pretty sure I don't need to go any further in explaining that. We'll see how it goes. I really do need to start my career in hospitality or become a famous author so I can quit my day job. One of the two. Want to help me with the second choice? Because I'd love that. Really. I would. No, seriously. Go buy my book... Right here. Also available in Nook or Kindle. Yeah. I just added links. So you have no excuse.

Right, so Weight Watchers. Much as it helped the first time 'round. I'm about to quit. I just can't do that tracking thing anymore. Instead, I'm going to try just eating healthy and exercising. I know setting my goals on this blog has clearly not helped me, but maybe it will this time. Who knows? I'd like to work out once a day and get up to doing so twice a day. Even on the days I work. My problem is that if I sit too long after work, my knees get stiff. The drive home is all I can do because after that, if I stay sitting, I'm probably not getting back up.

Plus side, though. I know how to eat right. It was just giving myself a threshold I couldn't cross. That's what Weight Watchers was. And it helped tremendously for those first 50 lbs. Now I have another 35, give or take, and I need to do that on my own. Healthier habits means a healthier life style and that's what I'm really going for.

So what am I trying to say here? I will be making recipes (mostly healthy) from Pinterest and I will review them. Other recipes, I'll relay because I like them or came up with them myself. Let's face it, I'm a genius. But you knew that.

For example, one thing I like to do is get a bag of frozen chicken tenders, a jar of salsa, and some taco seasoning (I make my own secret recipe) and toss it in a crock pot for 4-6 hours. Pull it apart when it's done and pop it in a container in the fridge. You can heat it up and toss it on a salad or into a quesadilla or on bread for a sandwich. Whatever you want to do with it. It's versatile. And it's a lean protein to help keep you full! Add a veggie to make it a full meal, of course.

So there you have it. Tip #1. Now, as I said, I add my own taco seasoning it's no-salt-added, but I won't give out the recipe. However... for a price, I will send you a jar of it with instructions for how to make my famous tacos. E-mail me at mariekbrown89@gmail.com for prices.

Next tip soon!

Until then... Stay Random!

No comments:

Post a Comment