Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bake-Ahead Breakfast

Right, so. First on the list is my make-ahead breakfast Egg McMuffin copy cat recipe. Yeah, that's a lot of words. Sorry. I just wanted you to understand. Now, I did this with cheddar cheese and ham as opposed to the same cheese and turkey sausage. I also used Thomas' Lite Multi-Grain English muffins. So that may make the Weight Watchers points number listed on the site a little different. However, it should be around 8 points.

You can find the link here. I won't bore you directly with the details here, but they turned out to be really freaking good! I do have one change. While I listened to the note about scrambling the yolk before baking (which is difficult with Publix eggs for some reason), I also only had to bake them for about 17-18 minutes. They did not take the 25-30 listed on the site. I would just be careful. You don't want to overcook them or they'll be rubbery and no good. But undercooking might be problematic since you're freezing them. Then again, if you're only making one, no need to be that careful. Runny or not you'll be eating it right away.

So there you have it. Add an apple or an orange and a glass of ice water or milk and you've got yourself a balanced breakfast full of protein!

Kate Brown signing off...

Stay random!

*****UPDATE:

These things are not that tasty. Sorry to have given you incorrect information. I tried reheating several times in the oven and microwave and I'm just glad I didn't make more than 6. Don't try it. Don't do it. Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment