Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Update

Happy Everyone-Is-Irish Day! Why do I say that? Well because everyone is 100% Irish today, no matter their heritage. Erin go bragh!

OK, so in honor of my late grandfather, Leo "Papatoe" Harkins, I would like to post a quick toast that he always made when visiting:

I drink to your health when we're together,
I drink to your health when I'm alone.
I've drunk to your health so goddamn often,
I've darn near ruined my own!

When I say 'always', I really mean it. I can't tell you how many times I hear Papatoe say that. The nickname is a long story, to be told at a later date probably. For now, just go with it.

As for the title of the post, yes, I have an update. I'm not doing the St. Patrick's Day feast that I mentioned earlier. Plans fell through. However, I did spend 6 hours at the car dealership today. Nothing wrong, just a routine checkup. Ick.

Oh and there's this little thing about my book. It's in the design stage. Cover picture being generated, etc. Just thought I'd keep you posted. See what I did there? Good, huh?

OK, so there wasn't much to say. I won't post next week (probably). I'll be in DISNEY WORLD!!! It's spring break. Oh, did I mention this little thing about getting accepted into the Disney College Program for the summer and fall of this year? Yeah. I start in May. SCORE!

This is Kate signing off! Remember...

Stay random!

No comments:

Post a Comment