Friday, August 26, 2011

The Update To End All Updates! But Not Really

I know I've been absent for a while, but I have had so many other things with which I've been occupied. First of all, many of you may know I have an internship which I am completing. Working on that until January and then we'll see where I go from there. Also, you may not know my goal for Book Two, working title Brand. I'm attempting to finish it (without forcing it) in time for a release summer of 2012. Again, that's just a goal, but it's the first I've set. I'm well on my way, though, with about half of the length I want already achieved!
When I say that, what I mean is that, while the story was complete and finished, I feel Book One just wasn't enough for the readers. Not enough material. So I'm trying to put as much detail into Book Two as I possibly can and trust me: it won't be hard. I've done some free writing in which I've added some major twists that I never intended to pop up. I've also done much more character development while keeping the potential readers in the dark from the real goings on. Yes, I'm evil. An evil genius.
For those of you who don't know, I created a new official website for The Rose Legends and it is up and running now! You can join for free by heading on over to http://theroselegends.webs.com/ and register on the right-hand side! It's free and you gain access to things like the forum where you can interact not only with the author (yours truly), but other fans as well! Sounds like fun, doesn't it? I thought so.
Also, don't forget that I'm shoot for 500 fans on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Rose-Legends/181205465232041) by October 1. If we reach that, I'll send on lucky fan a FREE, SIGNED copy of The Rose Legends, Book One: Found! Awesome, right? That's what I thought.
That's all for now, folks. This is Kate Brown, signing off...

Remember, stay random!

No comments:

Post a Comment